Friday, September 18, 2009

Snickerdoodles!

Hi friends. A yummy cookie today! Man oh man these are soft and WONDERFUL.


That's sugar in the top left and flour in the top right. Cinnamon sugar in the oblong bowl on the right.
Here's the Cream of Tartar. It's the secret ingredient in these cookies. And I get this from my favorite Amish Market!
Whip the SOFTENED butter around. It'll help the consistency of your cookies.
Add the sugar.
I make a habit of cracking my eggs in a bowl before dumping them into the mixing bowl (just to be certain I don't get a shell!). I'm not dirtying another dish (that'd be crazy), but rather I'm using the bowl I just emptied the sugar out of. Confused yet?
In the eggs go. ONE AT A TIME. Always add the eggs one at a time. Beating well in between.
See how light and fluffy this butter/sugar/egg mixture is?
Add some baking soda. Make sure your baking soda is FRESH. It's less than $1 a box. Get a new box frequently. I'll get a new box before I start the holiday baking!
Slowly add the flour. And I'll be honest, I rarely sift my flour. So maybe that should read, "Slowly add the unsifted flour."
Here's the dough with everything added. Yummy.
Because we have to roll this into balls, I'm going to COVER and place in the refrigerator fora couple hours. Let it chill so it's easier to work with.
Roll a teaspoon (or tablespoon if you like bigger cookies) dough into a ball. Roll in the cinnamon sugar.
Place about 2-3" apart on a prepared cookie sheet.
Yummmm, there they are. 8 minutes away from being in my mouth!
Take them out and let them sit for approximately 3 minutes. THEN you can remove them from the cookie sheet.
Gently place on a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment