Saturday, September 12, 2009

Buckeye Bars

PRINT THIS RECIPE
Tonight is a very big night for us Ohio State Fans. I decided I needed to whip up Buckeye Bars for nurishment during the game. This is super quick and easy and you have plenty of time to get these made before kickoff!!

Let's get started!
The bars only take a couple ingredients.
If you read other posts on here, I usually adamently tell you NOT to melt the butter, use softened butter. However, here you MUST melt your butter. Melt one stick and dump into the large bowl.

Add 1-1/2 cups Brown Sugar.
Stir around a bit.
Add 1-1/2 cups Peanut Butter. I use the smoooooooth stuff.
Stir around. Add 1 Tbsp. Vanilla and 2-1/2 cups Powdered Sugar. Stir and mix. After about 1-1/2 cups, I give up using the spoon and moosh with my hands (that's why there isn't a photo of this step!)
Smoosh into a clean 9"x13" glass dish.
Add one stick of butter and 12 oz. chocolate chips into a microwavable bowl. Heat in the micro. for 30 seconds.
Remove and stir around. Return to micro for 30 additional seconds. DO NOT try to skip a step, you'll get a better consistency of smooth chocolate by heating, stirring, heating, stirring. My microwave needed 15 more seconds for all the chocolate to be melted.
That's a good smooth mix.

Pour and spread over the peanut butter "crust". I keep this treat in the refrigerator (it's in there right now setting up!).

O-H,
SHERRI

1 comment: